Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Back on Track

It's been far too long since I've taken the time to sit and write a post.  Although the intent has been there, I have not made the time.  I'm hoping as the summer winds down and a new 'school' year starts that I'm able to get back into some healthier habits of years gone by.

Little Dinosaur and I have been busy as usual. That does not change. Neither of us enjoy being inside for any length of time. Outside is where we belong.  Thankfully, the island has lots to offer and we have enjoyed the beach, camping, and hikes through our Acadian forests.


Clintonia borealis 



As sitting up became crawling, and crawling became walking, my life in a sense has actually slowed down. I don't trust myself to keep my phone handy when my Little Dinosaur and I are out and about because he is so curious and takes off every which way to learn more about his surroundings.  Because of this, I leave my phone in the car or in the house when we are out. This has slowed down my thoughts and is allowing me to actual be present in the moment.  I'm not usually in the moment, it's a real struggle for me to just be and enjoy what's happening.  So, thankfully my little dinosaur is helping me to be in the moment.

I'll need to start carrying around my plant book as he loves all tees (trees) and plants.  It'll be good to get back to learning names of plants and trees. This is an aspect I miss from the forests and mountains of BC, as well as the marine life off Vancouver Island and the Red Sea.

Here's to a new year! Happy learning to all of us!





No comments:

Post a Comment